NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder, No. 726 Bronzed Pink, Review and Swatches

NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder, No. 726 Bronzed Pink (9g/0.32 oz)
NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder, No. 726 Bronzed Pink, Review and Swatches
NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder, No. 726 Bronzed Pink

In an attempt to add some colour into my dead-like complexion, I bought myself a new bronzer from NYC. Knowing full well that it would never compare to NYC's infamous bronzer in Sunny, I snag one of their newer Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powders in Bronzed Pink. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $4.97.


So how did it do? Pretty good for a random grab off the shelf with no real expectations of high performance. Given that it has pink and orange-bronze in the mosaic, I thought it might work best as a blush. But I was impressed at the versatility this little guy had.

Let's get into it.

Packaging
Ok...not the fanciest packaging. However, it's what we have come to expect from NYC. If you want fancy packaging - you'll have to pay for it. Personally, I prefer the cheaper price tag. The packaging is plastic and to the point. No wasted materials and useless mirrors. The cover is clear and can be removed completely from the base. 

Texture
Smooth and slightly chalky with a bit of fallout.

Finish
Matte

Colour
There are four colour within the mosaic. A light baby pink, yellow, a red-bronze and a orange bronze. When swirled together, they make a nice warm toned bronze.

Pigmentation
Sheer but buildable.

Weartime
This bronzer last a good 6-7 hours without any signs of fading. I wore a very light coverage foundation under it and I found that the lasting power of the bronzer will be affected if you don't wear a long-wearing foundation.

Application
I used a BH Cosmetics angled blush brush to contour my cheeks, forehead and neckline. I also used a e.l.f. powder brush when applying it all over my face for all over bronzed glow. I also used a Real Techniques blush brush when applying it to the apples of my cheeks.

All in all, I do really enjoy this little guy. It can be used in a multitude of ways that some bronzers have difficulty doing. Due to the sheerness and matte finish of the product, I was able to use it as a all over bronzer to liven up the colour of my complexion. It also worked great as a blush for days that I wanted a simple look, or that I was trying to focus attention on my eyes/lips and not my cheeks. As a contour, I found this product to perform surprisingly well. I don't like bronzers that have too much pigmentation as I have very fair skin. Most bronzers look muddy on me. But I was able to build up the intensity of the colour where I needed it and it turned out great. 

Let me know your thoughts!
Do you wear your bronzers as a blush?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





No comments:

Post a Comment