New from NYX! Butter Lipsticks in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart. Review and Swatches

NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart (4.5 g/0.16 oz)
New from NYX! Butter Lipsticks in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart. Review and Swatches
NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart
Here we go again. We're all smearing butter all over our lips. If we lick our lips, will it count as one weight watchers point? Have I gone too Amelia Bedelia on you all? 

FYI: Props to anyone who got that reference!


I grabbed three colours from the newly launched NYX Butter Lipstick line that came out in late 2013 on Cherry Culture for $5. I also grabbed some of their new Soft Matte Lip CreamsI looked on their today to see if I could grab some more colours during their 40% off sale and it looks like they only have four colours left...odd. Get em while their hot!

New from NYX! Butter Lipsticks in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart. Review and Swatches
NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging on these lipsticks, as I think they look cheap. I like their Round Lipstick packaging much better. I do like that they are colour coordinated though, as it makes it super easy to find the lipstick I am looking for. Your get a decent amount of product for your buck at 0.16 oz. For comparison, MAC Creamsheens typically have 0.17 oz and Revlon Super Lustrous has 0.13 oz). The selection of colours is awesome too with 22 colours to from. Check out all their colours on NYX's website.

Hunk
Bright fuschia pink/purple colour that is a statement in a tube!I love the name.

Sweet Tart
I love this colour. It's a deep pink that is great if you want a pop of colour but are a little afraid of bright pinks. Also, I love Sweet Tarts...who doesn't? 

Pops
Nude-mauve that is a little too dark to worn as a nude lipstick for my skin tone, but someone with a darker complexion,it would rock. 
New from NYX! Butter Lipsticks in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart. Review and Swatches
Lip swatches of NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops, Hunk and Sweet Tart

The texture of all the Butter Lipsticks is of course - very buttery. They are true to their name and do their older sisters, the Butter Glosses, proud.They glide over your lips smoothly and don't sip into fine lines or cracks. They have a nice glossy finish when first applied, but after about an hour they look like a cream lip. The lipsticks swatch slightly shear but don't be fooled. They pack a lot of colour. 

The lasting power is alright, but nothing to write home about. You can get about 4 hours of wear in before the colour has faded enough for your to want another application. Also, applying on top of previous layers is no problem. It builds nicely. 

Let me know your thoughts!
Have you tried these newbies yet?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment