Rimmel London Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint No. 001 Pop of Pink Review and Swatch

Rimmel London Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint No. 001 Pop of Pink (14ml/0.47)
Rimmel London Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint No. 001 Pop of Pink Review and Swatch
Awe. Cream blushes. My Achilles Heel. I just couldn't resist picking up one of Rimmel London's Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints. I almost bought all five, but I controlled my makeup junkie urges. That's not to say I won't go back to the store in the near future and indulge. Believe me, they are worth it!


Rimmel London's official spiel:
Perfect for any occasion: the blush blends instantly and seamlessly to create a long lasting, natural-looking flush of colour that lasts up to 24 hours. Ultra lightweight, won’t feel heavy. Lasts all day.

Suggested Directions:
Apply a small amount with your fingertips for a natural flush of colour that lasts all day.

Gussy’s Directions:
Squeeze a small amount on your fingertips and apply it to the apples of your cheeks. Take a flat top kabuki brush and blend it out.

Not going to lie...I was a little apprehensive about trying this blush after I has purchased it. The package calls it a liquid cheek tint, and I have terrible history with them. Once I finally got over my fears I followed Rimmels directions and applied it to my cheeks with my fingers and smudged it out. I didn't love the result. A few days later I tried it again, but I used my flat top kabuki brush to blend it out and I got a much better outcome. In fact I kinda fell in love. 

The texture is not what I would call "liquid". I would describe it as more of a mouse consistency. If you use your fingers to blend it out, it can come off a bit patchy. It catches on any rough skin and sort of skips. But, like I said above, using a brush really helps the blending process. 

I wouldn't say it dries to a powder finish, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks "greasy" or "oily" as some cream/mouse/liquid cheek products sometimes do. It just looks and feels very natural.The colour Pop of Pink gives you a healthy colour to your cheeks, almost like you pinched your cheeks. I thought it was rather flattering. What do you think?

I picked mine up at Shoppers Drug Mart, but they are widely available now at Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Superstore and online on well.ca.  

Let me know your thoughts!

How do you apply non-powder blushes?


No comments:

Post a Comment