NEW! Rimmel London Lasting Finish Color Rush Balms, Review and Swatches

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Color Rush Balms (2.5g 0.095oz)

Whooza. Who would have thunk that Rimmel would be hiding such an amazing product at the bottom of their displays? The Color Rush Balms are a fantastic product. I'm amazed at the lack of promotion they are doing with them. Maybe they know how amazing they are and they'er letting the product speak for themselves. I dunno...I freaking love them!

I originally picked up just one of the balms in Drive Me Nude thinking it would be like all of the other ones I've tried over the past year. I was incorrect. It was so much better. I have tried Revlons Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains and their ColorBurst Matte Balm, along with Cover Girls Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. None compare to Rimmels Color Rush Balms in texture, pigmentation or lasting power. 


I get a solid 10 hours of FULL colour payoff. I have tested these balms for over a week and I am not disappointed by any of the four colours I have. 

There was no mention of the balms on any of Rimmel's websites (Canada, US, UK and Japan...yes I checked Japan). I can't give you there official spiel because they seem to be pretty tight lipped about them. Must be a marketing plow. 

Any-who, the balms are packaged like all the other ones out there. They are in a jumbo crayon (plastic) where you twist the bottom for more product to come out. The one bad thing about this type of packaging is that the actual product becomes blunt pretty quick and you loose application precision. They are pretty child-proof in their application though. So no worries ladies...don't whip out your compact mirrors just yet.

As for the texture, they are very creamy and glide perfectly across your lips. After a few hours they will loose the glossiness and become more matte looking. This is because they start to act like a stain and WILL NOT BUDGE. I must have drank five cups of coffee today, along with a couple of cans of pop (yes, I'm a caffeine feign) and the colour never left my lips. I don't find them drying at all. They literally stain your lips like kool-aid did when we were kids. I don't find them uncomfortable like the Wet n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Lip Colors or Cover Girl Outlast Lip Stains. So if that's what your thinking...stop.

Here in Canada we have 14 colours to choose from versus the UK which only has seven. I feel very cheeky about this. I have only seen them at Shoppers Drug Mart so far and they are $7.99. 

Let me know your thoughts!

What other hidden gems have you found recently at the drugstore that weren't marketed?

No comments:

Post a Comment