Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, No. 10 Porcelain Ivory, Review and Swatch

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, No. 10 Porcelain Ivory, Review and Swatch

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder No. 10 Porcelain Ivory (5.5g/0.19 oz)
Is it a dream? Or did I really find a press powder that matches my skin colour perfectly?


Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder No. 10 Porcelain Ivory Review and Swatch

OMG, it's real. Maybelline Dream Wonder Power in No. 10 Porcelain Ivory is the shade I picked up at Wal-Mart for $10.96. I have been testing it everyday since I got it and I want to share my thoughts with you. But first let's hear what Maybelline has to say about it.

The official spiel: 

100% Smooth-Buffed Perfect!
Experience our first smooth-whipped pressed powder.

Powder is smooth-whipped with 60% less talc*, so there’s no chalky dust to cling to flaws. Our powder glides on smoothly for smooth-buffed perfection.*Versus Maybelline FitMe Powder.

Maybelline's Suggested Instructions: 


Apply to forehead, nose, cheeks and chin with the provided sponge applicator. Use gentle strokes to build coverage and achieve a natural makeup look.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder, No. 10 Porcelain Ivory, Review and Swatch

Gussy's take:

The Dream Wonder Powder is very creamy and has very little fallout. While it does not claim to be a foundation powder, I find that it does a fantastic job adding extra converge to my chin area where I have some acne scarring. Also, it covers any active acne that refuses to be covered by my foundation and concealer. I have hyper-pigmentation from a bought of bad acne earlier this year, and I find it's incredible hard to find a product to conceal the redness and not look cakey. The Dream Wonder Powder does a fantastic job.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder No. 10 Porcelain Ivory Review and Swatch

The packaging is a little bulky, but forgiving. It will never be mistaken for a high-end product where the packaging is concerned. It reminds me a lot of the Dream Matte Powder's packaging. I don't like when face powder's have see-through packaging. It's not like I need to see the colour. I find most high-end face powder packaging looks sleek and classy. I kind of feel trashy whipping out the Dream Wonder Powder in public to touch up. Don't get me wrong though, the product itself feels like high-end. 

Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder No. 10 Porcelain Ivory Review and Swatch

The packaging flips up to reveal a mirror and sponge. Normally I would toss the sponge right away, but I actually use it to touch up areas with acne as it seems to pack on the most coverage. 

The powder itself glides onto your skin like butter. I like to use a my e.l.f. Studio Kabuki Face Brush to dust it all over my face to set my foundation. I then go in with the little sponge and tab it over any active acne.

Let me know your thoughts!

Do you prefer see-through packaging on face powders?

No comments:

Post a Comment