L’Oreal Super Liner Brow Artist, Eyebrow Pencil and Fix & Finish Wax, No. 02 Blonde Review and Swatch

Yeah! A new eyebrow product from the drugstore. There is a serious lack of decent eyebrow products at reasonable prices. I tested the new Super Liner Brow Artist, a 3-in-1 eyebrow pencil by L'Oréal Paris and I'm going to tell you straight up how well it works. 
But before you all hear my thoughts, here is the official spiel from L'Oréal Paris. 


Draw and intensify with the coloured pencil. Fair Blonde, Blonde, Brunette, Dark Brunette... Choose the colour that fits with your natural tone of brows and skin. Create your own look: soft with a flat brow design, strong with a round brow design or bold with an angled brow design... Dare to change the features of your face.

Shape with the soft brush tip to discipline your arch: like a real professional, you can shape the line you designed with the soft brush. A way to intensify a look or to play with it like a real artist. Now you can discipline your brows to define an arch and express your personality.

Directions:
  1. Draw and intensify with the coloured pencil
  2. Shape with the soft brush tip to discipline your arch
  3. Fix your brow look with the clear wax based formula
     The fine people at L'Oréal Paris even made a little tutorial for any of us out there who
     are a little unsure how to navigate an eyebrow.



So with all that said...I think the brow pencil works pretty well. It definitely has loads of pigmentation and glides across the brow smoothly. I really like that it comes with a brush on one of the caps; it can make drawing and shaping at the same time easier and faster. I picked up the color No. 02 Blonde. I think the colour is pretty good match for my hair, but I might have chosen the colour No. 01 Light Blonde had the Shoppers I was in had it in stock. 

I do have some concerns about the pencil style though. It goes blunt after two uses and requires sharpening to achieve a defined line. I hate sharpening makeup pencils. I always manage to make a mess. The pencil has a wax end that works in replacement of a brow gel. It does an okay job, but it is not long lasting and your brow hairs will move out of place. 
I would recommend the Super Liner Brow Artist to people looking for a cheaper option of the more expensive versions like the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil, Benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil and Mac Cosmetics Veluxe Brow Liner. For $13.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart, it's on the expensive end of the drugstore price range.but still cheaper then it's peers. 

Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment