MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush, Warm Soul Review and Swatch

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul (3.5g/0.11oz)
Oh looky! One of MAC's most popular Mineralize Blushes made it's way into my makeup collection. How the heck did that happen? 

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush, Warm Soul


Okay, I'll admit that I was up-sold at the MAC counter in The Bay. I walked by looking to get matched for a lighter shade in their Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation and Pro Longwear Concealer. Apparently, if I made a purchase over $70 I would get $10 off. So naturally I had to take advantage of this opportunity and try something new. Thus, Warm Soul came into my possession.  

The official spiel:
Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.


MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush, Warm Soul

Gussy's take: 
Now that's out of the way, lets get into it. I really like this blush. Warm Soul is sheer, but you can build up the intensity no problem. I know a lot of people are hesitant to wear shimmer/frosted blushes, but honestly, this blush is so non-intrusive that you won't be offended by it. It has more of a "glow from within" affect on your cheeks. 

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush, Warm Soul Review and Swatch

The colour is a sort of burnt peach and looks relatively uninteresting at first glance. But aren't those always the best? The sneaky buggers look all innocent and BAM! Ends up making you look like a million bucks. There is very fine gold shimmer throughout, but like I said before, so not in-your-face.

MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Blush, Warm Soul

The wear time was pretty decent and lasted all day at work (10 hours). I don't have very large pores to begin with and Warm Soul doesn't accentuate them either. My skin steers towards the dryer end of the skin spectrum and again, no real issues with looking cakey. I like to pair this blush with a more intense eye look, as it's so natural looking. I also find it's a great blush to wear at the office and makes you look healthy and glowy under the ever-unflattering fluorescent lighting. 

Let me know your thoughts!
Have you tried any of MAC's Mineralize Blushes? What are your favourites? 

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment