theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette (20 g/0.7 oz)
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches
theBalm did it again! They always come out with the most adorable and slightly naughty packaging for their products. This time we got ourselves a sassy brunette bombshell on the cover and six handsome shirtless cowboys. Oh my!



I don't know about you, but Caramel Apple Cowboy looks kinda wonky ... no?

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches
I think I prefer a bit of Apple Pie instead....yummm.
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches
Focus Robyn! Okay, let's get down to business. theBalm must have reformulated these cheek and lip creams because they were a lot harder to work with the old formula. The cheek and lip creams in this palette are pretty darn good...for cheeks that is. 

Not going to lie, not a big fan of using these as lip products, but I will definitely use it for my cheeks. 


A+ theBalm!!

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches
As someone with dry skin, I really appreciate the variety of colours in the palette. I love to wear cream blushers as they don't tend to cling to dry patches.

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Cider,Review and Swatches
Cider: Light pinky-peach that has a nice glow. Great for everyday, or if you have an intense smokey eye look and don't want to overpower it with a blush.

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Pie,Review and SwatchesPie: Understated red-pink colour with tons of opacity and glow. Requires a light hand as it can be easily overdone. A great colour to wear as your focal. 

theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Candy,Review and SwatchesCandy: Blue-toned barbie pink colour with a sheen. Needs a light hand as it is easy to over do it. 
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Cobbler,Review and SwatchesCobbler: Intense orange red colour that has a slight sheen. It is very opac and requires a light hand when applying. This colour really give you that whole "I was just out in the cold" or a snow white kinda of look. This is my absolute favourite out of the six.  
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Crisp,Review and SwatchesCrisp: Warm coral with gold fleck of glitter. The glitter did not show up as much on the cheeks. Hardest of the six to blend out as it was very dry and not all that creamy. 
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Caramel,Review and SwatchesCaramel: Pinky brown colour that really works well to warm up your face without being obvious that you are wearing a blush. Light hand required as it is very opac.
theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches

Out of all of six, my favourite for my cheeks would be Cider, Cobbler and Caramel. 

How to apply to cheeks:
I used a stippling brush to apply a small amount across my cheeks, I found out rather quickly that a light hand is required for all but Cider and Caramel, as they were more on the sheer side of opacity. I then went back in with my Beauty Blender to blend them out. This technique worked perfectly. You can use your fingers to apply it to your cheeks, but I suggest that you use a brush or a sponge to help blend it out as it can be a bit overwhelming in the opacity department. 

How to apply to lips:
I used my fingers to dab it on, but a lip brush would work too. 


theBalm, How 'Bout Them Apple's, Lip and Cheek Palette, Review and Swatches
theBalm claims that these can be used for your lips, and I would agree, but only in a pinch. They are too drying for everyday wear.

I found that Cider, Candy and Crisp were way to dry to wear comfortably on your lips. They also looked horrible as they settled into the cracks of your lips. I would say that Cider is the worst offender of this. 

Pie, Cobbler and Caramel were much easier to apply to the lips as they seem to be more moisturizing. The colour fades very fast though, so if your going out somewhere, it may be best to use a more travel friendly product in a tube/stick format. 

All in all, I really liked this palette. I love the variety of colours in cream format for my dry flaky cheeks. If your thinking of picking this up as a lip palette, skip it. It won't do you any favours. I picked mine up when theBalm had their 50% off sale, but normally they retail for $32 on their website. You can also find thBalm products at London Drugs and Rexall. 

Let me know your thoughts!
How often do you use lip and cheek products?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment