Review, Swatch and Tutorial: L'Oreal Paris Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque 1-2-3 featuring Elegance is Innate Nail Gel-Lacque

L'Oreal Paris Extraodinaire Gel Lacque 1-2-3 System featuring Elegance is Innate Nail Gel-Lacque
Review, Swatch and Tutorial: L'Oreal Paris Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque 1-2-3 featuring Elegance is Innate Nail Gel-Lacque

L'Oreal Paris came out with innovative new solution to out gel-envy gals and lads out there. The three step system involves only three nails polishes - NO UV LIGHT! That's right, no fancy hi-tech UV light to set the gel in place. 



L'Oreral Paris Extraordinaire Gel Lacque 1-2-3 system means you can have the shiny, think and opac gel nails that you normally could only have with in-store manicure or at home UV set-up. This best part? You can change your nail colour every day if you wants! It's super easy to remove and there are 21 colours to choose from. 

So how exactly does it work?
You need to buy the Extraordinaire Gel Lacque 1-2-3 system that comes with the Gel Primer Base and the Gel-Glaze Top Coat. It retails for $9.99 at Wal-Mart. You'll also need to pick out a Gel-Lacque colour (21 shades). They retail for $7.99 at Wal-Mart. So, while this can be expensive for drugstore nail polish, it is a lot cheaper then going to the nail salon to get your nails done every couple of weeks.    

How to use the system (as suggested by L'Oreal Paris):
Review, Swatch and Tutorial: L'Oreal Paris Extraordinaire Gel-Lacque 1-2-3 featuring Elegance is Innate Nail Gel-Lacque
My thoughts:
While I really wanted this to work out for me, I found that it chipped really quickly. After only a few hours I noticed the tips were chipped. I want to try it again with using only one coat of the Gel-Color as I found that one coat could have been enough to get the job done as it was incredibly opac. It might help with the chipping. I also think that if you use thin layers if the Gel-Primer and the Gel-Glaze may get better results. I just might have been a little heavy handed. 

Now, what I really did love about this system was the ease of use, as the consistency was very easy to glide over my nails without running all over the place. I also liked the size of the wand, as it was the medium size I prefer. The opacity of the colour as I mentioned above was insane and I do recommend you try to use only one coat. This may differ depending on the colour you choose (I bought Elegance is Innate). The finish is gorgeous as well. Super glossy and shiny - exactly what you get from a salon UV gel manicure. 

Should you try it out?
If you a nail polish junkie like me, sure, give it a go. But if you get frustrated by chipping, best stay away. 

I will be testing this out again to see if my thoughts change on the product, if I find a solution to the chipping, I'll let you all know!

Let me know your thoughts!
Have you tried at home gel nail systems before?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment