Review of Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Brow Mousse

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Brow Mousse (3.4 g/0.12 oz)

I'm a big fan of gel/mousse/pomade eyebrow products. I find they are the a lot easier to work with and give me the shape I'm going for. A lot of people argue that these types of brow products are best for a perfected look and not necessarily a natural look. I don't seem to have any problems achieving a more natural look. 


I normally use the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit, but they were out of it when I tried to make an order online. So I decided to branch out and find myself a new brow product to try. I was debating between three products - Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade, Too Faced Bulletproof Brows or Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Brow Mousse. The only real reason I chose Tarte was because of the 20% off sale earlier this month. 

Anywho, back to the review. I'm starting to get the hang of this product, but to be honest, I still prefer the e.l.f. Studio Brow Kit. The colour of the Tarte Brow Mousse in Taupe is much warmer then I would have liked. I prefer a cooler toned brow as my hair is a little cooler. 

Non-the-less, I will continue using it as it was significantly more costly then my e.l.f one. On Tarte's website it retails for $36.00, but it does come with a double-ended bamboo brow brush - which I really like. Having both your slanted brow brush and the spooly on tool make shaping your brows a breeze.

As for it's claim to be waterproof, I can tell you right now that it's not. I had no problem removing the mousse from my eyebrows with a touch of water. I'm sure it won't run off your face us your working out or are in the rain, but adding a bit of pressure and boom - gone. 

Should you pick this product up? If you're into warm toned eyebrows then yes. If you okay with dishing out the $36 for it, then power to you.

Let me know your thoughts?
Have you tried any gel/mousse/pomade eyebrow products?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment