Review and Swatches: Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, Exposed (5.67 gr/0.2 oz)
Review and Swatches: Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed



One of their most raved about products is their Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes. And for good reason. They really do stand the test of time. While they are on the pricey side, they are well worth your money. I owned two of their blushes and during their 20% off sale I grabbed a bunch of goodies I had my eye on, including a new blush - Exposed. 


You can see what else I bought here. 

Exposed is described on Tarte's website as a nude. I would describe it as a soft plumy-rose. It looks very natural on your cheeks and is a great colour to wear with a more dramatic eye look. I have been wearing it almost everyday I have had it, and it works with a variety of looks. I like to think of it as the blush to wear when you have no idea or time to figure out what you actually want to wear. Haha.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not a fallback in a bad way. It's definitely a good fallback. 

The texture is a little powdery, but I don't have any trouble blending it into my cheeks. It is mostly matte finish, but there seems to be a very slight added dimention to it. Not all that noticeable, so if you're a glowy-cheeks kinda person, you'll still want to wear a highlighter. 

Tarte is known for their key ingredient - Amazonian Clay in almost all of their makeup products. I could try to explain to why they choose to use this particular ingredient, but Tarte does a much better job at it, so check it out here

It retails for $31 Canadian at Sephora and Tarte's website.

Let me know your thoughts!
Do you have a go-to blush as your fallback?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment