Review and Swatches: NEW NYC Expert Last Lipsticks in Modern Love and Smooch

NYC Expert Last Lipsticks, No. 437 Modern Love and No. 446 Smooch (32 g/0.11 oz)
Review and Swatches: NEW NYC Expert Last Lipsticks in Modern Love and Smooch
I've never been a big user of New York Color products...not sure why though. They are affordable and have a variety of products, but I guess somethings always got to give. Now, as I am a bit of a beauty addict, I couldn't resists the three letter word - NEW, on the display for these lovely lipsticks. 



So I picked up a couple to show you all. I paid $1.77 each at Wal-Mart, but you can find them at Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Rexall, Superstore and Target too.
Review and Swatches: NEW NYC Expert Last Lipsticks in Modern Love and Smooch
Smooch
It swatches like a orange nude, but once applied to your lips, it looks more pink-nude. Very odd. I have pigmented lips thought, so that may be the reason. I like this color as it's the right kind of nude for my skin tone. The formula is a little patchy with this particular color. It's a cream formula, and is very pigmented, so I suggest you use a lighter hand when applying it. That way you'll get the best result. It also look great with a little gloss over it too.Wear time is about three hours. Nothing special. 

Modern Love
Swatches true to color as a pink coral. The formula is very easy to work with and the product glides on effortlessly. I find a few swipes are best to make the color really stand out. Modern Love has more of a lustre finish with a bit of shine. Other lipsticks that recently came out are a bit frosty, but this one toes the line between frost and cream. Don't worry, its beautiful. Wear time is about three hours.

All in all, I think I might have sadly overlooked these little lipsticks in the past. Are they my favourite formula? No, but for $1.77, they are pretty nice. If your looking to try out some new colors and don't want to break the bank - pick up some NYC Expert Last Lipsticks!

Let me know your thoughts!
Have you ever tried NYC Expert Last Lipsticks?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment