Julep Maven, February 2014, Modern Beauty, Review and Swatches

Julep Maven, February 2014, Modern Beauty
Just as promised, below are some swatches of the products I got from the February 2014 Julep Maven Subscription Box. 


Julep Nail Color in Love 

I straight up love this colour. It is very unique and for a glitter polish that looks like it would work as a top coat best, has a surprising amount of opacity. 


Julep Ink Gel Eye Liner and Eye Sheen Liquid Eye Shadow 
I'm skeptical about gel liners that aren't my beloved Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner, and while this gel liner is no Lasting Drama, it is pretty good. It's a much more creamy texture that was a little hard to work with at first, but once you get the hang of it, it glides on very smoothly. It's ultra black and lasts all day. Smudge proof and requires makeup remover to get it off. 

Now the Eye Sheen was something I was totally turned off of. Not my kind of eye product. It's described as a liquid eye shadow, but its more of a mouse like texture. It's a little more difficult to work with and I found it very hard to blend out. If you are looking for a clean sheet of eye colour, this is for you. But it's definitely not for someone looking for a sheered our wash. I do like the colour though, it's a really nice copper  bronze. 

All in all, this months box was a nice break from the regular three nail polishes that I normally get. I would be up for trying more of Julep's cosmetics to see how they compare. 

If your interested in subscribing to Julep, check out there website here.

Let me know your thoughts!
Have you ever tried any of Juleps cosmetics?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Julep Beauty Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment