e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer Review

e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer (14 g/ 0.49 oz)
e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer Review





Awe, e.l.f., one of my favourite inexpensive makeup brands. I wish you were sold in Canada so my fellow canucks could enjoy your cost saving products. At least you ship internationally for free with a purchase order over $35. Very happy about that - take note other brands!


Onto the matter at hand. e.l.f came out with a new face primer not too long ago and I have been testing it out to see how it stands up to my dry, cracked skin. I have to say up front that I was very impressed. 

As someone who hasn't always been a big fan of the primer, I have to say that this sucker works really well for me. I saw it on the e.l.f website while I was re-ordering their e.l.f. Studio Eye Brow Kit, and they market it as a hydrating primer, so heck yeah I picked it up. Only $6 too.

Now, the details. This is really for people with normal to dry skin. If you have oily sin, you'll hate this. I find the slick feel to this primer turns my face into a clean canvas for my foundation to go on smoothly. I have dry patches in the center of my forehead, under my eyes, around my nose, and my chin - basically my t-zone. It's getting better. But the path to re-hydration is a slow and tedious process when you live in Alberta, Canada (aka - where your skin goes to shrivel up and die).

I only use one pump and I start at the center of my face and spread it out. It will cover my whole face, but I like to concentrate the majority of the product in my problem areas. While, it is a small amount of product (14g/0.49 oz), for the cost I'm sure we can all survive. I have been testing this primer, along with another drugstore primer (three times the cost though) the last month and I can tell you right now...I like this one a lot more. 

Stay tune for my thoughts on the mystery primer from hell.

Let me know your thoughts!
Do you wear a primer to smooth out your dry spots?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment