Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express in Classic Black, Review and Swatch

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express in Classic Black, Review and Swatch
I'm sure you've all seen the new Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express Mascara from Maybelline by now at your local drugstores. I've been testing it out for sometime and I think I have it figured out for you all. 

I knew I would like this mascara for one simple reason and that was that it was a Maybelline mascara. Enough said. I don't think I have ever had a bad opinion on any mascaras by Maybelline and I believe the general consensus with most people is the same. Maybelline has been putting out cult classic mascaras for years and they rarely out out a dud. Now, is this my holy grail? Well no. But to be honest, I have never used a mascara that I could classify that way. I'm way to busy trying all the new ones to ever go back to an oldie (even if it was awesome). But that's why I'm a beauty blogger...It works out. 

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express in Classic Black, Review and Swatch
See the difference? Extreme volume!


Anyways. This mascara claims to provide you with an extra boost of volume (16X) through their innovative double curved stem. Not sure how that is suppose to help with volume...but let's go with it. Does it give me volume? Yep. Does it give me length? Yep. Does it stay put throughout my day? Sure does. Flake? Nope. Hold a curl? Yeppers. Clumping? Just don't go crazy with the coats (3 is more then enough).

The formula is a bit on the wet side, which I don't mind. Like most mascaras, give it a month and it dries up a little. The wet formula helps with building up volume and length, but not separation. You just have to pay attention to how you apply it and when to put the mascara down. Haha. 

One of the things I look for in a mascara is kind of random and I don't hear many people talk about it. I like a mascara that comes off in "tubes". Ok...let me explain. I am a self-professed mascara picker. That's right...I said it! I know it's bad and that I am potentially pulling out my eye lashes, but it's a habit I picked up in my early teens. It's a kin to biting your nails. I do it when I'm stressed or nervous. Anyways, the mascara I picked up is NOT waterproof. I rarely wear waterproof due to my mascara picking habit. If I try to pick waterproof mascara off my lashes I will literally pull them out. So, to avoid going bald...I accommodate and use the non-waterproof formula. 

So final thoughts. I really like this mascara. It gives my eyelashes loads of volume and a decent amount of length. The formula lasts all day and is easy to remove with makeup remover. For the $5.99 price tag, you can't beat it! 

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express in Classic Black, Review and Swatch
3 coast of Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express in Classic Black

No comments:

Post a Comment