Current OBSESSION: MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose

MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches  Bonus: Spring Makeup Look



Oh baby. This little guy has got be the raddest product I have ever purchased from MAC. I have been eyeing it up ever since Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog spoke about. I finally got over to my MAC counter in The Bay and picked it up (along with another little gem that I will save for you later) for $30.

I grabbed the Radiant Rose colour as I'm basically a ghost. My skin runs on the pinker side as well, and the other colours swatched so dark. I mainly wanted it to brighten my undereye area, but soon realized just how versatile this little dude is. 


I don't think I have been this in love with a product more. It really does make a huge difference in the appearance of my undereye circles and all the other places I use to highlight (centre of forehead, brows, bridge of nose, around nostrils, cupids bow, and centre of chin).


MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches
Applied to centre of forehead, brows, bridge of nose, around nostrils, undereyes, cupids bow, and centre of chin.

The packaging is surprisingly cute for a basic pen style - black with sparkles. The applicator is the typical brush style with the product coming out the centre. You twist the bottom and voila! The one thing to remember is to not over twist, as the product will eventually come out of the brush...but in it's own time. I have often grabbed the pen the next day and their would be product already oozing out of the brush ready to go. 

OK...is oozing as gross of a word as I think it is? I honestly couldn't think of another way to describe it. Sorry guys!


MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches
Big difference in my complexion from no makeup to foundation and Mac's Prep+Prime Highlighter

While this product is not marketed as a concealer, I kinda use it that way. I have completely opted out of using concealer since I got it. Well, except for that pesky zit on my chin. Reference the above photo....grrr.

It does a great job at lightening and brightening my undereyes and the high points of my face. Don't you think?

I asked the MUA at the MAC counter how the product wore under the eyes and she said that there may be some slight creasing. To be honest, I don't find that to be the case at all. I also use a setting powder under my eyes (which you should always do!) so that may be helping it. It wears for about 8 hours. After that, you'll start to noticed some fading. Topping it off with a powder seems to do the trick though.


MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches  Bonus: Spring Makeup Look
Voila! Spring time makeup!

I got a bit distracted after I photographed my use of MAC's Prep+Prime Highlighter and started to play with my makeup. I think it turned out pretty nice. A very springtime look, no? The complete list of what I used is down below. 

Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 
Tarte Amazonian 12-Hour Full-Coverage Foundation in Ivory   Full Review
Sephora Retractable Brow Pencil - Waterproof in 03 Rich Chestnut
Annabelle Instaglam Brow Design + Fix (just the brow gel) 
e.l.f. Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Collector's Palette - BeMATTEnificent (eyeshadow)   Full Review

MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches  Bonus: Spring Makeup Look

MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches  Bonus: Spring Makeup Look

MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter, Radiant Rose, Review and Swatches  Bonus: Spring Makeup Look

So, what are all your thoughts? Have you tried MAC's Prep+Prime Highlighters before? How about other versions of the highlighter pens? Do you prefer to use powder highlighters or a combination of both?

Personally, I like to use both. I have dry skin and I'm always looking for ways to brighten my skin and give it that extra glow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment