Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain, Review and Swatches

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love (2.7 g/0.095 oz)
Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love (2.7 g/0.095 oz), Review and Swatches
I'm wearing Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Tropical Frenzy
Oh snap! Am I really reviewing more balm stains? Heck yes I am. Can you tell I have a slight obsession with these kind of lip products? How could I not? They are super easy to apply on the go, they have awesome colour payoff and they super comfortable to wear. This time around I got four of Jordana's Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains for $2.99 at Walgreens in Phoenix. 

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love (2.7 g/0.095 oz), Review and Swatches
Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love
Packaging
Your basic plastic twist up packaging as all the others out there. The one thing that bothers me is the cap - it has a tendency to fall off in my purse. I like that the package is the same colour as the product. The only inconsistency is Candied Coral. The packing is more pink then the product actually is. 

Texture

They all have a glossy finish and are moisturizing on the lips. The only one with a slight texture difference is Nude Chic, which has glitter in it. And yes, you can feel the glitter on your lips.

Weartime

You can get a solid 3 hours of wear without any pigmentation loss. The glossiness fades a bit after about 2 1/2 hours, but the colour remains. It does stain your lips, so even if it wears off, you won't be rocking bare lips.

Colour

There are eight colours in the collection, but I only grabbed four. The ones I have are Nude Chic, Candied Coral, Tropical Frenzy and Honey Love. 

     Nude Chic
     Sheer light brown colour with glitter that you can feel. I would suggest passing on this
     one as it's super uncomfortable to wear and the colour payoff sucks.

     Candied Coral
     Orange coral glossy colour with loads of pigmentation.  

     Tropical Frenzy

     Bright fuchsia that is intensely pigmented.

     Honey Love
     Plumy mauve colour with buildable pigmentation.

Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic, Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love (2.7 g/0.095 oz), Review and Swatches
Swatches of Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Nude Chic,
Tropical Frenzy, Candied Coral and Honey Love 
All in all, these compare well to it's peers - Hard Candy, Wet N' Wild, Rimmel and NYC. I think for the crazy low price, you really can't go wrong. Stay clear of Nude Chic though! 

Let me know your thoughts!
Love or hate cheap lip products?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment