Review and Swatches of Tarte Cosmetics, BeMATTEnificet

Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Collector's Palette - BeMATTEnificent! 
Review and Swatches of Tarte Cosmetics, BeMATTEnificet
So I totally got sucked into the packaging on this bad boy. How could I not? Tarte isn't exactly know for their sleek packaging, but their limited edition BeMATTEnificent palette has exactly that - cute, sleek, compact and practical. All the things you look for in a palette`s packaging. But what about the product within it


BeMATTEnificent has six matte eyeshadows, two matte shadow liners and a matte blush. That`s right - all matte. This was what really sold me on this product. I love matte eyeshadows and I love having everything I need in one compact palette. 

Matte shadows are notorious for being excessively powdering and lacking pigment. I knew this when I bought the palette. I`m always on the hunt for the perfect palette, so I had to at least try it for myself. Can I tell you that it`s perfect? Well, no. It`s not. But it`s a pretty nice palette non-the-less. Let`s get into it.

Eyeshadows
Sand Out From The Crowd (base)
Light beige colour that is very buttery. It`s perfect for laying down as your base just as they suggest.

Peach For The Stars (lid)
Light peachy-pink that is very buttery. Works well to blend out the crease.

Two Plums Up (outer corner)
Deep purple, a little chalky and difficult to blend out. Very pigmented.

Pink Outside The Box (lid)
Light baby pink that is very buttery. Looks amazing on the lid as it really pops and highlights. 

Rose To The Occasion (crease)

Warm rose-mauve colour that works great as a crease shade or transition to blend out a darker outer corner shade. Very buttery.

View From The Taupe (crease)

Warm toned taupe colour that is a fantastically unique. I love this shade because my taupe eyeshadows are cool-toned and don`t work with my skin tone. Very buttery and blends like a dream.

Eyeliners

Dream In Chocolate (liner)
Dark brown liner that works as a liner or a eyeshadow. I really like that they put this in the palette as it helps round out the colours above. The shade is very pigmented but a little chalky and hard to blend. 

Don`t Stand Back (liner)

Very black shadow that is meant as a liner and it works great as one too. I like to use a bit of MAC Fix+ to work the powder a bit better as it is a bit chalky. This too can be used as a eyeshadow to help smoke out an eye look.

Blush

Elevated 
Beautiful neutral rose blush that is the same formula as Tartes infamous Amazonian 12-Hour Clay Blushes. Fantastic pigmentation and buildable. Very easy to blend out. 
Review and Swatches of Tarte Cosmetics, BeMATTEnificet
All in all, this is a great little palette to take with you if your traveling for is you like to keep your makeup all in one spot. The quality is there to back up the cost and their is a variety shades to create multiple looks. 

Each of the six eyeshadows have 2.15 g/0.0758 oz), the two eyeliners have 3.36 g/ 0.1185 oz and finally the blush has 4.38 g/0.1544 oz. You can purchase the limited edition palette at Sephora for $43.00 Canadian. I can`t seem to locate it on Tarte`s website, so I`m guessing they are sold out. If you can find it still, I would suggest you grab it for your own makeup collection. 

Let me know your thoughts!
Did you snag one of the Tarte BeMATTEnificent palettes?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment